Tuesday, December 11, 2007

On the 7th Day of the Adorn Ornament Swap


Wow, Wow, Wow.... I'm going to have to buy a bigger tree next year!! Sweet Lou McCollough made a fun and jolly Santa-boy ornament. It's just amazing. She found a really cool paper mache cone, collaged vintage music on it for his hat. Santa's head is made from a Christmas pear! how fun!!! Lou painted the pear with gesso, and then painted Santa's features along with adding dimensional facial features using a type of clay, and cottony fiber for his big ol' beard. Mind you, my mind is in a fog recently and I may have missed a step or 3, but the Santa-boy, as she called it, is just amazing!!! He's standing guard beneath my tree smiling and shouting "HO HO HO" for all to hear!!

Thanks Lou for Santa-boy.... He's a jolly old boy!!!

2 comments:

annamae said...

such a darling little santa face! hmm... i think he might be inspiring me to make my own!

Stephanie said...

Jennifer,

I saw the earrings you made for Maija in the 12 Days of Christmas swap. Did you happen to make any extras? Would you be willing to sell them?
I adore them, I am sure they are even more beautiful in person.
Stephanie
Swright426@aol.com