Saturday, December 01, 2007

3 TIMES the 12 Days of Christmas!


WHHOOOO HOOOO!!! My way of hooting and hollering with joy as today is December 1st. I'm currently involved in three "12 days of Christmas Swaps" The first one was hosted by a friend, Shirley Zirkle. We each chose one of the days from the song "12 Days of Christmas". I chose '2 turtle doves'. We each made 12 identical tags, swapped them out and below is what I received back. What fun! Thanks to the following ladies for sharing your creative work with me! I just received these tags today.

1st - A partridge in a Pear Tree - Penny Dove
2nd - Two turtle Doves - Jennifer Rowland
3rd - Three French Hens - Linda Williams
4th - Four Calling Birds - Nancy Barnes
5th - Five Golden Rings - EJ Brown
6th - Six geese-a-laying - Shirley Zirkle
7th - Seven Swans a-swimming - Joey Manning
8th - Eight Maids a Milking - Shirley Zirkle
9th - Nine Ladies Dancing - Judy Dominguez
10th- Ten lords a-leaping - Cheryl Stachura
11th- Eleven pipers piping - Taryne Lewey
12th- Twelve drummers drumming - Julie Reese









In the next 12 Days Ornament Swap, hosted by Deryn Mentock, we each made 12 holiday ornaments. Each ornament was wrapped and labeled with a number (1-12). Beginning today and continuing through the 12th of December we will open one ornament. Day 1 was a beautiful dove/partridge made by Ruth Rae. Pictures just don't do this little gem justice. It's beautiful!!!




The third "12 Days of Christmas" Swap that I'm participating in is similar to the Ornament swap, but we don't start opening gifts until December 13th.... Wow.... do you realize this means I open gifts from my artsy friends for 24 days straight?? WOW!! How COOL is that?? I'm excited. This swap is hosted by Lelainia Lloyd. This swap includes artists from all over the world and involves the swapping of little gifts. I'll be posting pictures of those gifts when I begin opening them.

In the meantime, enjoy every day this holiday season!!

No comments: